Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I am currently helping to design the nursery of my best (and very pregnant) friend. While searching around the web for some much needed inspiration this week, I have truly descended upon the good, the bad, and the ugly in nursery decor. After seeing photo upon photo, I can't help but think, why can't a room for a little one be just as sophisticated as the rest of the house? Choosing pieces that can grow with the child, or even be moved elsewhere in the house later on, ensure a better investment in the items you choose for the room. Mixing these pieces in with items "high on the cuteness factor" will certainly add up to a nursery to-die-for.

Joni of  the blog Lay Baby Lay gets it right! And see that fabulous rug on the bottom right? Why, it's the Sarasa Rug from Company C! (sold at CAPERS of course)

Another pick from Lay Baby Lay. We love this black and white theme! The Dash and Albert rug, the graphic pillow, and the burlap bags really mix things up. What do I love most about the room though? That great wing chair. It's great to have a comfy place to sit in a nursery while your baby is still young, and it can easily be pulled into another room in the following years.  


So here is where I am in the design process with my friend's nursery. As you can see, I have so much to do! We are starting with the basics, painting the walls navy blue and the trim white. The chair I am using is the England Chair from Cisco Brothers. I love this chair, not only is it super comfortable and classic, but the easy wash slipcover makes it perfect for handling messes and spills! The rug is a great nautical find from Dash and Albert. It is indoor/outdoor, so it has a great wash-ability factor! I will keep you posted on what else I choose, so many decisions to be made!

No comments: