- It is always a good idea to bring a nice gift for the hostess; after all, he/she likely spent several days preparing the delicious feast! While wine is always welcome, try and think outside of the box this year. Here are some ideas for thoughtful hostess gifts this season.
|Some festive paper napkins and a nice candle votive|
|A dish towel with some scented dish soap|
|A cocktail book accompanied by some glasses|
|Candles and wooden candle coasters|
- Be on time! If you are going to be late, call and let the hostess know.
- Call an hour ahead to see if there is anything the hostess needs- perhaps a last minute run to the grocery store.
- Always offer to bring something such as an appetizers or dessert.
- When you get to the hostess's house, offer to help.
- Be sure to introduce yourself to the other guests and circulate the room.
- Don't overstay your welcome.
- Send a thank you note the following week!