Setting your table 101:
These two diagrams from Brunch at Saks depict the proper way to set the table, both informal and formal. We won't tell if you edit the formal setting a bit!
Measuring your table for a tablecloth 101:
Finding the perfect tablecloth for your dining room table can be tricky. Luckily, we are here to help!
As a general rule of thumb, aim for a tablecloth that has dimension that are 24"- 30" longer in both length and width than your table.
60" round table- 90" round linen
72" round table- 102" round linen
30" x 72" banquet table- 54" x 96"linen
30" x 96" banquet table- 54" x 120"linen
60" x 60" square table- 90" x 90"linen
If you are still in need of a holiday tablecloth, we have some beautiful Le Jacquard Français linens at CAPERS and large selection available for custom order.
Dos and Don'ts
- Don't ever use scented candles in the dining room!
- Do play with fall colors- warm oranges, reds, yellows, and greens.
- Don't use a tablecloth that reaches the floor.
- Do measure your table before buying a new tablecloth.
- Don't crowd your dinner table with decorations.
- Do utilize fall foliage and crops such as squash, colorful corn, and fall leaves.
We will be posting entertaining and decorating tips all throughout the holiday season!